- Lighting Designer
- Honorary Member of the Illuminating Engineering Institute of Japan
- Member of the Japan Lighting Manufacturers Association (JLMA)
- Fellow of the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD)
- Member of the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES)
- Honorary Chairperson of Asian Lighting Designers' Association (ALDA)
- Honorary Director of Japan International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD Japan)
- Representative of Inter Light Forum
Motoko Ishii, a leading Japanese lighting designer, works with a wide range of light, from urban illumination to light objects and lighting performance.
Her activities cover not only within Japan but also all over the world－for example the USA, Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia.
As a lighting designer in Japan, she is well known overseas.
Graduated from Tokyo University of the Arts. After studying in Finland and Germany, established Motoko Ishii Lighting Design Inc., Tokyo in 1968.
- Tokyo Tower, Tokyo
- Rainbow Bridge, Tokyo
- Kokyo Gaien National Garden, Tokyo
- Nippon Budokan, Tokyo
- Shirakawago Gassho Syuraku, Gifu
- Sumida River Bridge Group, Tokyo
：Tsukiji Bridge, Kachidoki Bridge, Tsukuda Bridge, Eitai Bridge, Kiyosu Bridge, Kuramae Bridge, Umaya Bridge, Komagata Bridge, Azuma Bridge, Shirahige Bridge
- Hakodate City, Nagasaki City, Kurashiki City, Kagoshima City
- Yokohama Bay Bridge, Kanagawa
- Tokyo Gate Bridge, Tokyo
- Akashi Kaikyo Bridge, Hyogo
- Himeji Castle, Hyogo
- Heijo-kyo Daigoku Palace, Nara
- GINZA KABUKIZA (Kabukiza Theatre), Tokyo
- Soene Akari Park, Tokyo
- Nagano Toumyou Festival, Nagano
- Yomiuri Land Jewellumination, Tokyo, etc.
- Royal Reception Pavilion, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- Pan Pacific Hotel, Singapore
- Shanghai World Financial Center, Shanghai, China
- La Seine – Light Messages from Japan, Paris, France (Light Event)
- Budapest Elisabeth Bridge Light-up, Hungary
- Light Message for Peace, Berlin, Germany (Light Event)
- TRANJS, Bern, Switzerland (Light Event)
- Colosseum Light Messages, Rome, Italy (Light Event)
- Japonismes 2018 Special Light-up Eiffel Tower dressed in Japanese Lights, Paris, France (Light Event)
- Thematic exhibition for MAISON & OBJET, Paris, France, etc.
- Recognized as an honorary citizen of Tokyo in 2020.
- Honored as “Bunkakorosha” (Person of Cultural Merit) in 2019.
- Received the year 2000 “Shiju-hosho” (Purple Ribbon Medal) of honor from the National Government.
- Recognized as “Tokyo Metropolitan Prize of Culture” from the Tokyo Metropolitan Government in 1992.
- Received IEIJ prize for “Japan Lighting Award” in 1991, etc.
- “Award of Excellence” from the Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) in 2019 - Japonismes 2018 Special Light-up Eiffel Tower dressed in Japanese Lights
- “Award of Excellence” from the Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA) in 2013 - Tokyo Gate Bridge
- “Award of Merit” from the International Association of Lighting Designers (IALD) in 1998 - Yamaguchi International Trade & Culture Center
- “Award of Excellence” from IESNA in 1998 - Akashi Kaikyo Bridge
- “Award of Special Citation” from IESNA in 1998 - Ise Bay Highway [Meiko Triton]
- “Award of Distinction” from IESNA in 1994 - Rainbow Bridge
- “The Veuve Clicquot Award to the Businesswoman of the Year, France” in 1993
- “Award of Distinction” from IESNA in 1990 - International Garden and Greenery Exposition, Fantasy of Light Electric Power Pavilion
- “Award of Excellence” from IESNA in 1989 - Yokohama Minato Mirai 21
- “Award of Special Citation” from IESNA in 1986 - Head Office Building of Dae-Han Life Insurance Co., Ltd., Seoul, etc.